For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
- NO PARTIES or SMOKING!! Guest agrees to pay a $500 FINE plus damages for any event or party. THIS INCLUDES SMOKING. EVEN IF THE PROPERTY IS RETURNED TO PERFECT CONDITION. Guest agrees not to have any party, event, or gathering of ANY KIND involving any guests outside of those listed on the reservation. Music and Talking volume are to remain at respectful levels during day and night time hours.
- Cancellation Policy: The cancellation policy through the booking channel is what would be honored in the case of cancellation. For direct bookings or non-channel bookings, the cancellation policy is as follows: 100% refund if cancelled 30 days prior to the Check-in Date or within 48 hours of your booking confirmation AND 48 hours or more from the Check-In Date. 50% refund if cancelled 14 days prior to the Check-in Date. No refund shall be given for any cancellations made within 14 days of the check-in date.
- Ownership: The Rental Unit is privately owned by an independent third-party (the "Owner") for which The Host is acting as agent.
- Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the persons listed on his reservation (the "Rental Party"). Members of the Rental Party are the sole responsibility of the Guest.
- Maximum Occupancy shall equal to the be the stated number of beds in each listing. An additional charge per person per night, depending on the size of the home, may be applied.
- Visitors: Only members of the Rental Party are permitted to stay in the Rental Unit. Anyone else the Guest allows in the Rental Unit (a "Visitor") is the sole responsibility of the Guest and is strictly forbidden unless approved by The Host.
- Term of the Agreement: The rental period begins at 4:00 PM EST on the "Check-in Date" and ends at 11:00 AM EST on the "Checkout Date" (collectively, the "Rental Period").
- Late Checkout Fee: Unless permission is specifically granted by The Host, Guests who fail to checkout by the Checkout Time will be charged at a rate of $100 per hour beyond the Checkout Time.
- Minimum Stay: This Rental Unit requires a certain number of nights minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods or if otherwise specified by The Host.
- Rental Rules: At all times throughout the Rental Period, the Guest shall and shall cause the Rental Party and any Visitors to abide by the rental rules attached as Exhibit A ("the Rental Rules").
- Access: Guest shall allow The Host access to the Rental Unit for purposes of repair and inspection. The Host shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
- Damage: Guest shall report any damage or issues with the Rental Unit to The Host upon arrival or occurrence. Guest shall be responsible for any damage to or loss from the Rental Unit which occurs during the Rental Period, howsoever caused.
- Rental Rate and Fees:
- Rental Rate: Payment in full of the posted fees shall be agreed to upon booking.
- Security Deposit: At the discretion of The Host, a security deposit may be required on the Check-In Date. Where applicable, such deposit is for security purposes and shall be refunded within 7 days of the Check-out Date provided no deductions are made due to: damage to the Rental Unit or contents thereof; debris or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or any other cost incurred by the host as a result of the Guest’s stay.
- Payment Schedule:
- 50% of the total reservation cost is to be charged at the time of booking. The remaining balance is to be charged to the card on file 14 days prior to the check-in date.
- If a reservation is made fewer than 14 days before the check-in date, the entire cost of the reservation will be charged in two payments at the time of booking.
- Use of Common Areas: Unless permission is specifically granted by The Host, Use of the Rental Unit DOES NOT include the use of any fitness or recreational facilities, swimming pools, or other common areas associated with the Rental Unit whether indoors or outdoors (the "Common Areas"). Any and all references to the Rental Unit throughout this Agreement does not include the Common Areas unless otherwise specified by The Host.
- Use And Maintenance of The Rental Unit. The Guest agrees to use the Rental Unit only for the purpose for which it is rented herein and in accordance with this Agreement. The Guest further covenants and agrees to maintain the Rental Unit in a clean, orderly, safe, and sanitary condition, free of trash, junk, pet excrement, refuse, nuisances, or conditions that threaten or tend to threaten the health or safety of anyone, and in a manner or condition which is aesthetically pleasing. The Guest shall not permit any use of the Rental Unit which is inconsistent with or contrary to this Agreement, or which is contrary to applicable laws, rules, and/or regulations ("Applicable Laws"). No business may be conducted from the Rental Unit.
- Insurance: The Guest expressly recognizes that any insurance for property damage or loss which may be maintained on the Rental Unit does not cover the personal property of the Guest, and that the Guest is responsible for purchasing their own insurance for if such coverage is desired.
- Indemnification and Assumption of Risk: The Guest expressly assumes the risk of harm to themselves, their property, the Rental Party, and any Visitors arising from their use of the Rental Unit and the Common Areas. Guest shall indemnify and hold harmless The Host, the Owner, and any of The Hosts’ affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, sub-contractors, successors, or assigns from and against any liabilities or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from, related to, or in connection with the Guest’s use of the Rental Unit and/or Common Spaces, including, but not limited to, any claim for liability for personal injury or damage or loss of property which is made, incurred or sustained by the Guest, Rental Party, or any Visitors to the Rental Unit during the Rental Period.
- Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with local laws of the city in which the listing is located.
- Payment: Acceptable payment methods are through the original booking channel or directly with The Host. If you wish to use a credit card, additional information may be requested in a future stage.
Exhibit A: RENTAL RULES
Throughout the Rental Period, the Guest shall, and shall ensure that the Rental Party and any Visitors to the Rental Unit shall:
1. Maintain the Rental Unit at all times in a good and tidy condition.
2. Not smoke inside the Rental Unit and shall dispose of any cigarette butts outside of the Rental Unit in a safe manner.
3. Not cause or create a nuisance or otherwise interfere with the quiet enjoyment of other occupants of the building in which the Rental Unit is located.
4. Not bring pets or other animals into the Rental Unit without the express advanced consent of The Host (Exception: Urban Flat 10 min walk to Mainstrasse).
5. Not move or rearrange any furniture or appliances inside of the Rental Unit.
6. Comply with all Applicable Laws.
7. Leave the Rental Unit in the same condition of cleanliness in which they found it.